Pages

December 18, 2012

Look for the Helpers

"“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers – so many caring people in this world.” –Fred "Mister" Rogers

I know I don't have many readers yet, but if you have been checking in with my blog to find it empty, I apologize.  After the horrifying events that unfolded last Friday in Newtown, CT, I've found myself unable to find the motivation to write about something so trivial as wine. All of my mental strength has been focused on wrapping my head around what happened, and praying for the deceased, the families, the community, our country.  I've returned, often, to the above quote.  Imagining the great comforter of my childhood speaking those words has brought me much peace.

 I've been slowly gathering blog posts in recent days, so stay tuned for more reviews, articles, and even a last-minute holiday gift guide.  

Love and peace,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment